Below are the terms and conditions for using products from 3DShoemaker:
3D Prints Ordering Policies
Our shoe lasts and components are intended to be used by experienced shoemakers or those under the guidance of experienced shoemakers. Our products are 3D printed and the strength and other properties may differ from shoe lasts and components produced by more conventional means. Components in particular should be considered as experimental products and used with caution. By using our products, you agree to assume responsibility for any harm or damage that may occur during their use or from use of the footwear manufactured with them.
All of our shoe lasts and components are manufactured on demand, as orders come in. Orders may only be cancelled if work on the order has not yet begun, and may be subject to a 2% credit card processing fee. Return funds are usually received within 1-2 weeks but may take up to 6 weeks for large orders. Shipping within North America usually takes less than a week and outside North America is 1-3 weeks. But there can be shipping delays, particularly around the holidays. We do not provide refunds for delayed shipments. We do however provide full refunds for lost shipments. A shipment is considered lost only if one month has passed and it has not arrived. Lost shipments are extremely rare.
If we have made a mistake with your order, such as sending the wrong shoe last design or size, we will ship you the correction free of charge. Do note that sizing may not be consistent with any given shoe manufacturer as there is considerable inconsistency in the industry. That is why we provide the option to view all shoe last measurements for standard sizes directly on the ordering form for any given shoe last and insole patterns can be found here. It is up to the customer to decide if the shoe last is the correct size and returns/exchanges/refunds are not provided if the wrong size is ordered. For fit issues on bespoke orders, we provide one round of adjustments for free though we ask that you cover the shipping costs. Further adjustments are done at the base price of the shoe last.
On very rare occasions (less than 1% of orders), a shoe last may break. If this occurs within one year of purchase, we will replace (not refund) the broken shoe last. This is a one time courtesy we provide given we expect the customer to learn to work with our shoe lasts within the limits of the materials.
3D Model Terms and Conditions
– All 3D model sales are final.
– For bespoke orders, one round of revisions is provided free of charge.
– Neither the 3D model designs nor modifications of these may be transferred or sold to any other entity.
– Purchased 3D models incorporating a joint design (alpha or rail) may not be resold regardless of the source of the original 3D model.
– The customer accepts full responsibility for any harm or damage that may come from using 3DShoemaker models, manufacturing the models, or using any manufactured instances of them.
– Orders may only be cancelled if work on the order has not yet begun, and may be subject to a 2% credit card processing fee. Return funds are usually received within 1-2 weeks but may take up to 6 weeks for large orders.
3DShoemaker Rhinoceros3D Plugin Terms and Conditions
– The 3DShoemaker plugin for Rhino requires a license to use, which can be purchased at 3DShoemaker.com
– Purchased 3DShoemaker licenses comes with a 14 day money back guarantee. If you are not fully satisfied, you may ask for a full refund minus a small fee of $8.50 to cover the cost of credit card processing. Note that while the software comes with a 14 day money back guarantee, this does not extend to 3D models purchased separately, which are all final sale. Hence it is suggested to use the free sample template until fully satisfied with the software.
– The 3DShoemaker plugin can be downloaded from the Rhino package manager, but requires a license key to activate. Each license purchased is active for one year and may only be used on a single computer at a time.
– Basic email support is included with the purchase of a license. It is referred to as ‘basic’ as it is only for providing support getting the plugin up and running and building a first last. Beyond that, customers will be directed to relevant tutorials. Basic support does not include training. Training may be available separately on a paid hourly basis if required.
– 3DShoemaker is private property and shall not be distributed by any person or party other than the plugin author.
– The 3DShoemaker plugin may not be altered in any way.
– Any feedback provided by users may be incorporated into 3DShoemaker without restriction or payment.
– 3DShoemaker is provided as is and no guarantee is provided as to its correct and error free operation.
– The user of the plugin accepts full responsibility for any harm or damage that may come from using 3DShoemaker.
– The plugin requires internet connectivity to use.
– This agreement does not transfer any right, title or interest in any intellectual property right.
General Terms and Conditions
– The customer agrees to not distribute copies, recordings, or any other form of duplication of support content including emails, videos, and screen sharing sessions.
– The details of this agreement may be subject to change at any time.